Sidelines Magazine Mutual Aid Zine, Fall 2021
The Sidelines Team presents to you an informative zine regarding the basic practice and principals of Mutual Aid and how to get involved as a member of the Simmons community.
It was brought to our attention that our zine lacks information about the rich BIPOC and Queer history of mutual aid, and we completely agree. With that being said, we encourage our readers to check out some of these amazing resources linked below that outline BIPOC, Queer, and Disabled practices of Mutual Aid as well as general history and theory.
- A Visual History of Mutual Aid
- Mutual Aid and Its Ambivalences: Lessons from Sick and Disabled Trans and Queer People of Color
- Indigenous Mutual Aid
- Mutual Aid: An Illuminated Factor of Evolution
- Trans Care
- Body and Soul: The Black Panther Party and the Fight Against Medical Discrimination
- Care Work: Dreaming Disability Justice
- Building Solidarity During This Crisis (and the Next)
- We Keep Each Other Safe: Mutual Aid for Survival and Solidarity
- How Disabled Mutual Aid Is Different Than Abled Mutual Aid
We hope you enjoy learning a little bit about Mutual Aid, reading some amazing poetry, and admiring the beautiful artwork included.
A big thank you to our entire editing team for assembling this special zine together, to our academic advisor, Richard Wollman, and Dr. Briana Martino for helping us compile Mutual Aid resources.